Thursday, 2 February 2017

A bit of allsorts

Hello everyone

Here's an update of my January stitching and my plans for February.

I already showed you one finish in my last post, two are for gifts so I can't show those yet, but here are the remaining four!

Firstly I finished this cutie, the February Fairy by Lili of the Valley, here she is ready for Valentine's Day!

February Fairy by Lili of the Valley
Stitched on 16 count Kelp aida from Sew it All
with recommended DMC threads
Started 8 January 2017, finished 13 January 2017


Next up was a Lizzie*Kate monthly chart given to me by Julie at the Autumn 2016 Needlecraft Haven meet-up.  I hope to keep up and finish these by the end of the year.

A Bit of February by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 16 count Iced Coffee aida by Sew it All
with recommended DMC threads
Started 20 January 2017, finished 21 January 2017

The next day I finished this Mill Hill kit which I started just before Hallowe'en last year, I would have finished it too but I couldn't find my beading needles!

Witch Way by Mill Hill
Stitched on dark blue perforated paper with included threads
Started 28 October 2016, finished 22 January 2017

And then in the same evening I also finished this gorgeous chart which was a gift from my birthday twin Maggee last year, together with the three WDW flosses I used to stitch it. I loved every stitch of this and just need to find the perfect way to display it.

A Stitcher's Blessing by Erica Michaels
Stitched on 32 count Wolf evenweave by Sew it All
with WDW Snowflake, Eggplant and Charlotte's Pink
Started 11 January 2017, finished 22 January 2017

That's a pretty good month's stitching!  I'm pleased I'm off to such a good start and really enjoying my stitching.

I have joined up with Kerry at Ramblings of a Biscornu Addict blog, for her Theme-tas-stitch SAL. Each month has its own theme and we post our progress on the 21st of each month.

February's theme is...Focus Finish February.  Is there a WIP in your stash that you would love to get finished - then focus on a finish in February!

Well I had a project all picked out but throughout January I have been working on and off on Frosty Forest by Country Cottage Needleworks and have decided to stick with it in the hope of finishing it in February.  This was a monthly release back in 2014 and I eagerly signed up for the autoship but fell way behind. I completed three blocks in January so now it looks like this...


I wonder whether I will manage to finish it by the end of February?

Thanks for reading so far, happy stitching!

Justine

39 comments:

Katie said...

Wohoo lots of beautiful stitching going on. Plus finishes. Great job! Great January. Good luck with your Feb!!

Bekah said...

Wow lots of stitching! Good luck with your February focus.

Kerryp77 said...

So many lovely finishes, looking forward to seeing how you get on with FFF, you've chosen a lovely design

Lesley said...

You've done lovely stitching.Looking forward to seeing more of Frosty Forest.

Shelly said...

Great finishing! A Stitchers Blessing is very pretty. Yay, Frosty Forest! Good luck on finishing it this month.

Manuela said...

All your stitching looks great.

Patricia Green said...

Woo hoo! What great success you've had with your finishes. That must feel really good. I particularly love your February Fairy. I might have to buy that pattern. And I'm quite impressed by your ability to stitch on 16/32. My eyeballs would roll right outta my head. :)

butterfly said...

What a great post so much lovely stitching, thanks for sharing.

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, this is certainly a post bursting with lovely finishes!
Your Feb fairy looks so sweet. It's amazing how a different background can make a picture look different.
I love the Mill Hill Halloween finish too, it's so bright and colourful.

Linda said...

Wow. I'm going to start calling you speed demon Justine. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes this month. They all look great.

Linda

Cindy's Stitching said...

the fairies is adorable. are you going to make it into an ornament..?

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful finishes! Your fairy looks so sweet, and I need to check out Ingrid's now too. :) Good luck finishing up the CCN cottages!

Vickie said...

Justine you are doing super! LK is so sweet. The Stitcher's Blessing is pretty.

Faith... said...

Very productive January! Congrats on everything ;) Hope you have just as much if not more success in February!

Barb said...

Lots of great stitching!! I just love the monthly fairies. I keep thinking I should do the June one for my grand daughter. Her birthday is in June.

Bea said...

Really lovely finishes. Good luck with the February stitching!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great finishes - I love the LK monthly charts, ones I'd like to do one day.

Preeti said...

Congrats on so many finishes! The fairy is very cute!

Marilyn said...

All great projects.
Congrats on your finishes.
Love Witch Way!
Marilyn

Christine said...

Lovely stitching, the February fairy is adorable

Mary said...

Your finishes are wonderful, I love the Witch Way by Mill Hill.

The Crafty Princess said...

Oh wow - my turn to squeal!!! I love the Mill Hill witch. That's just stunning! Well done on all your stitch finishes. Good luck finishing Frosty Forest in Feb. It will be a fun stitch I think. It's very effective on that fabric. Love the colours.
xo Alicia

geeky Heather said...

Beautiful finishes!! Congratulations! Good luck with your FFF project!!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Great finishes! congrats on such a lovely stitchy month.

Christina said...

Wow - so many finishes! The little heart fairy is so cute!

Ariadne said...

So many lovely finishes!Frosty Cottage looks wonderful!AriadnefromGreece!

Belle said...

Lovely stitching and congratulations on so many finishes!

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Great stitching and congratulations on so many finishes. Good luck with Frosty Forest. It looks wonderful so far. Can't wait to see it finished!

Lynn B said...

Everything is so pretty, gorgeous stitching!

Stitching Noni said...

Well done on your lovely finishes. The Lily of the Valley fairy is so cute. I love the Frost Forest series... I hope you can get them done in Feb :)

Astrids dragon said...

Wonderful stitching! I especially love the fairy and witch. Your Frosty Forest looks great so far!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, you've been so productive! Congrats on all the finishes, they all look amazing. Frosty Forest is so beautiful and I'm sure you can finish it this month!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You've done really well so far this year, congratulations on all the finishes. I am sure you can complete Frosty Forest this month the way you are going!

Carol said...

I'd say you had a wonderfully rewarding stitching month, Justine! Love your two little finishes and the Witch piece is adorable, too! Best of luck on your Frosty Forest--I'm sure you'll make great progress during February :)

Melinda Forbes said...

I just love your Stitch when I can - that is so perfect. Great choice for focus on a finish. Great focus on a Finish piece

Sheryl S. said...

Great finishes Justine, love all the little fairies.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Justine, this is really a lot of stitching for January. You are on a roll, aren't you? And I'm sure all these project were a lot of fun to stitch.
Why not try to finish the Frosty Forest this month? I'm absolutely sure that you can do it.

Heather said...

Wow beautiful stitching and finishes. I think the witch is my favorite :)

Lumiruusu said...

You have been super busy stitcher this month -Well done !