Thursday, 16 February 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness February 2017

I have lots of Gifted Gorgeousness to share with you today! Firstly it was my birthday last week and my lovely friend Ingrid of Mii Stitch made me this beautiful pincushion...




It's a freebie La D Da design and is stitched with the most beautiful ThreadworX threads - thank you again Ingrid!

I took part in a Valentine's Day Exchange over at Needlecraft Haven. There was no requirement to stitch anything, instead you had to send a pair of socks with pink/red/hearts theme and threads to match.  I forgot to take a picture of the parcel I sent out, but look at the gorgeous happy socks, threads and a sweet Valentine's card I received from Mary! Thank you again Mary, it was a lovely parcel.


Wednesday nights we meet in the Parlour at Needlecraft Haven and I have a special project that I stitch every Wednesday, which is this Alice chart by Tralala which Ingrid gifted me in March 2015.


I finished Alice! She just needs one more flower in her basket and then I'll be moving on the next motif. I'm really enjoying this one night a week stitching her and it's surprising how quickly she is stitching up.

Head over to Jo's blog to check out all the other Gifted Gorgeousness that's around this month!

Edited to add: I forgot to show you this little Lizzie*Kate pillow I sent to a friend for her birthday! I used a tutorial by The Twisted Stitcher Vonna from her Finishing School and it was so simple, it was like having a teacher right in the room with me!



Until next time

Justine

33 comments:

Rita JG said...

Beautiful!

Rhona said...

What lovely gifts you received! Your little pillow finish is adorable.

Vickie said...

I saw your adorable gift from Ingrid. :) What a sweet pair of socks! The LK pillow is fab!

Christina said...

What a lovely post, Justine - full of pretty colours. I love the thread that Ingrid used. And how effective is the cording around your February pillow?! I really must try that for myself!

Shelly said...

How pretty, all of it! Your cording, wow, great job. Such a cute pillow!

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely gift from Ingrid, that thread is gorgeous! I love the idea of the sock exchange too. The feb pillow looks brilliant - you've done a great job with the cording.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Love the Alice pattern - really cute!!

Manuela said...

Lovely stitching as always.

Patricia Green said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you! I love your Lizzie Kate pillow. So cheerful. And Alice is adorable; looking forward to seeing how that one turns out.

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely gifts and great stitching x

Linda said...

Belated Happy Birthday Justine. Lovely gifts. I love your February finish. I really need to get those charts.

Linda

Faith... said...

Lots of wonderful gorgeousness there!

Carol said...

Lots of gifts and they are all gorgeous, Justine! You did a wonderful job on your little ornament :)

Barb said...

This post was full of so many pretty things! Plus a pair of cute socks!

Preeti said...

All the gifts are lovely !! Your ornament is cute!

Preeti said...

Belated birthday wishes to you :)

Brigitte said...

Happy belated birthday, Justine. A lot of birthday wishes are coming your way!
You have a lot to show for this month's GG post. First that lovely little pillow that Ingrid sent you, and then the L*K pillow you made for a friend's birthday. I think little pillows are wonderful birthday gifts.
I love Tralala designs very much. And you made some nice progress on Alice.

Lesley said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday:)
Your Lizzie Kate pillow is finished beautifully.

Katie said...

What a beauty filled post. Love the piece Ingrid did. Too cute! Happy Belated Birthday. Hope it was great for you. What a fun exchange. Alice looks great! Love your Feb finish!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely gifts! Those socks are awesome. Congrats on the finish too!

Mii Stitch said...

Glad you like your little birthday gift.
Love the socks, what a great exchange that was :)
I love your choice of fabric for Alice and already great progress on it.
I am admiring your ornament make for your friend, it is perfect!!!

Christine said...

Great gifts and beautiful stitching!

FlashinScissors said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you, Justine!
I love the pincushion from Ingrid, lovely colours! Looks like you had a lot of fun with the Haven ladies Valentine's Day exchange! Alice is sooo cute!
Love the LK pillow .... with cording too! Oooh you are clever, I haven't tried cording ..... yet!
Barbara x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with some lovely gifts. Mii has been very helpful to you for this month. Love that Alice chart.
Hope you had a wonderful Birthday too.

Mini said...

Belated happy birthday. Lovely gifts from Mii and Valentine's exchange. Your cording looks perfect on the gift you sent.

geeky Heather said...

Sweet gifts!! Happy belated birthday!

Leonore Winterer said...

Such a lovely post! A cute gift, great socks, and an awesome Alice, what's more to want!

Astrids dragon said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, you received some lovely goodies!
Alice looks very sweet and your finish on February is fantastic!

Penny said...

Happy belated birthday, Justine! What a pretty colorful pincushion from Ingrid! And some lovely items received from the exchanges - Alice is cute. : ) I love your little Lizzie Kate finish! You did a great job on the finishing.

Sheryl S. said...

Alice looks lovely and pretty gifts received.

The Crafty Princess said...

Happy birthday stunner! Love your present from Ingrid. Awesome job on your finish too.
xo Alicia

Heather said...

Beautiful gifts and finishing :)

Sok Sareth said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article...!

ตารางคะแนน