Friday, 21 April 2017

Theme-tas-Stitch March and April 2017

Hello again stitching friends

I am linking up today with Theme-tas-Stitch to show you what I have been working on in March and April.

March's theme was March Madness - stitch on as many projects as you dare!  I did not want to end the month with lots of new starts so I decided to stitch some smaller projects that could be finished within the month.

Caring by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 16 count Cloud Brown aida from Sew it All
with recommended DMC threads
Started 8 March 2017, finished 9 March 2017

Giving by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 16 count Cloud Brown aida from Sew it All
with recommended DMC threads
Started 8 March 2017, finished 9 March 2017

I also finished two that I showed you in my last post...



And then it all went a bit wrong as I found a SAL online that I just HAD to stitch!  It's by Stitchrovia and it's in aid of the charity MIND who help those with mental illnesses.  Mental illness of one kind or another will affect one in four of us at some point in our lives so it's a good cause as well as a great stitch!  Here's my progress to date - two months of the four released so far have been stitched.

Quotes to Live By by Stitchrovia
Stitched on 16 count white aida
with recommended DMC threads
Started 5 March 2017

If you like this design then there is chance to win all nine parts of the SAL on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching (just click on the blog name and it will take you directly to the right post to leave your comment).  Jo is having this awesome giveaway to celebrate six years of blogging.  It closes on 30th April so don't miss out!

April's theme for Theme-tas-Stitch is April Showers - stitch on anything with water in it!  So how about another SAL?  This time the Under The Sea SAL by Lakeside Needlecrafts, designed by Durene Jones.  Here are parts 1-3 stitched, just April's to catch up on now.

Under The Sea by Durene Jones
Stitched on 16 count aida exclusive design by Sew it All
with recommended DMC threads
Started 28 March 2017

I wasn't planning to stitch either of these designs this year but I just couldn't resist!  I'm hoping to be caught up by the end of the month.

Next month is Monochrome May and I may need another new start to fit into this theme!

Until next time

Justine

29 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You did very, very well Justine considering the unplanned additions. ;) Love it all my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to do those small ones, they are super cute. Definitely Stitchrovia's design is for a great cause and looks like a really nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on all your Smalls. Thanks for the shout out too, the SAL looks great so far.
    Nice work on watery April too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy with all your smalls. Stichrovia's design and cause is great - I think I'm going to try and get hold of the pattern. I love the material you are using for your April SAL - very watery! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very productive! Like the egg and the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do love your April Bunny. And I agree, the SAL for MIND is a great cause. Your stitching is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work on your projects and very nice finishing touches too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same issue. I think I am going in one direction then I see something and do an about face! Oh well, I do think you are stitching on some really pretty designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heavens Justine, I have no idea of how you get so much stitching done!
    Lovely to see your various projects & progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely variety of stitching,including Under The Sea which I am really enjoying seeing stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so many wonderful stitching projects.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Justine, so many beautiful pieces there. Your blog vacation certainly has paid dividends. Love the spring Egg, it's finished so beautifully. Thanks for joining in this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching!!!! I especially like the Stitchrovia piece, it is stunning and for a worthy cause too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work. I love all your pieces but I'm especially drawn to Under the Sea. Oh dear... I fear I must visit...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely progress on your SAL, Justine. A lot of folks on Instagram are doing this one, too, and I've enjoyed seeing everyone's progress. Such a worthy cause! Love your little egg finish and your little LK pieces, as well. I have stitched the April bunny myself--one of my favorites :)

    Hope you enjoy this last week in April--can hardly believe May is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the cute finishes Justine. Your SAL pieces are looking great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful work..i love all your projects so much.so pretty.
    sending you love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great stitching! All your pieces are lovely but I LOVE the Stitchrovia design....I'm sooooo tempted to join in (PS Please don't tell my hubby! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of lovely stitching and you are fast, finishing the LK snippets in one day. Wow you are all caught up with SALs too...The fabric for UTS SAL is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you've got some amazing wee projects and SAL's going on. I love your Easter finishes they are very sweet! I have seen a few wips on the Under the Sea SAL and it's great that they all look so different based on fabric choices. I love your fabric, it really looks like water. Perfection!!!
    Good luck catching up with them all.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness Justine how busy you have been. Love the idea of a theme a month I could stitch sheep every month lol.The Stitchovara (spelling) is a great idea. Look forward to your parlour visit and your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lot of lovely things in this post. It's amazing his many SAL's over the years I've not been able to resist, yours look super.
    Love and (hugs) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything looks great and boy have you been busy! I love that SAL and may just have to put that on my list of things to get and stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you have been very busy Justine!
    Beautiful stitching, look forward to see what you start for Monochrome May :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did lots of lovely stitching in a month !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely stitching, Justine. You did well for both challenges. Can't wait to see what you choose for Monochrome May!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty finishes and your wips are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great work in those two months, and great start on the SALs! I love the Quotes to live by one and have been buying the patterns, but I haven't seen it stitched before. Good to know it looks just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete